8.05.2009

summer projects

So for the baby's room, I thought it would be fun to try and reupholster a chair. I found one with great shape to it and just went to town. I had a really hard time picking fabric for the chair because I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to take the room. This one seemed subtle enough, so I hope it works out. The before fabric was a sort of dirty pea green color that kinda smelled funny, and the new fabric is sort of a silvery blue with a small brown print. I love the button tufting on the back and the mostly upholstered arms. It was a little tough to take it apart with the many old staples in it. My least favorite part was probably sanding the arms and legs to re-stain them, but I think they turned out looking pretty good. I had so much fun working on this project. Here are the before and after pics...

BEFORE:
AFTER:


Sorry, I know they weren't taken at the same angle so it's a little tough to see. But pretty good for my first time reupholstering a chair, right?

4 comments:

Ang said...

wow! that looks great, you need to teach me how to do that :)

Jessie said...

Yeah, I think it looks great, too, and the next one even better! You guys are amazing. Also, I love the belly pics, we can't believe how big you're getting... it's getting close! :)

Ben Stocks said...

I agree with Ang, you need to teach her how to do that

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I have no domestic skills, except cooking, maybe pregnancy will bring out my creative side, but probably not... uh anyways :P I really like what you've done with that chair!