So a quick update before we get to Christmas.
Cory just finished up his second semester in the physical therapy program. He did really well in his classes, and I am so excited because this is suppose to be the hardest year in the program. So Cory has been out of school and just looking for things to do.
Cory and I had an exciting weekend before Christmas. We were out shopping the Saturday before and I wasn't feeling too well. I went outside the store we were in to get some fresh air and thought I was gonna be sick right there on the sidewalk. When Cory finally came out, we were walking towards the car and I totally passed out in the parking lot. How embarrassing. People thought I was drunk. I have no idea why I passed out, but it makes for a good story.
Here's an even better one... That day, Cory's eye was really bothering him, so he didn't wear his contacts. His eye progressively got worse, was sensitive to light and was bright red. His pupils were different sizes and he had a horrible pain in his eye. He thought he had acute glaucoma. I thought that was a crazy idea. Sunday he spent at home with the shades closed and no lights on. Monday, he finally went to see the doctor. The first doctor didn't know what was wrong and sent him to an eye specialist. The eye specialist took one look and saw a piece of metal in his cornea. He took a needle and picked it out. Cory then had to take eye drops every 10 minutes, then every hour to get rid of the infection that occurred. I'm just happy it wasn't glaucoma. And his eye is perfectly fine now!
So Christmas has come and gone. I still can't believe it. It was a great second Christmas with Cory. Last Christmas I was sick all Christmas Eve and spent the whole night in bathroom, it was miserable. So this year was definitely a step up. No sickness, well not as bad as last year. We spent Christmas Eve with Cory's family. They had dinner and a program planned out. We also got to open a special Christmas Eve gift (it was exciting because we don't do that in my family). Cory got me some really cute pj pants. We spent the night at his parents. Christmas morning was fun and different than what I was used to. Cory's family rotates who open's a gift and everyone watches. Definitely new to me. But we had a great morning. Cory surprised me with a new camera for the both of us. Definitely the biggest surprise of the day. We took tons of pictures, I'll post some as soon as I put them on my computer. We spent the rest of Christmas day with my family, just hanging out, watching movies and playing games. Katie and Colin got a great game called Curses. It was so much fun, we played it for the longest time. We ended up spending the night at my parents house because of the weather. But it was fun because then we got to play longer. Well, that was my little vacation in a nut shell. I'll post some pictures soon. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas! And I'll update you after New Year's.
12.30.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a fun Christmas too! Rob misses you guys so much! I'm glad that our boys got to go play yesterday:) Hope to see you guys soon!
By the way, I LOVE your Halloween pic!
Post a Comment