Our first weekend here was a little rainy but we made the best of it. We headed over to Laie which was about a 20 minute drive from where we are living. Cory and Kyle both said it felt like we were driving into Provo. (But a tropical version). I didn't think so at all. But that is where BYU-Hawaii is and the temple. We went to the Temple first and walked around the visitor's center. We watched a small video about the settlement of the area and when the Mormons came. It was pretty interesting to hear about. The temple is beautiful. I think it is one of my favorites. However, my opinion may be heavily influenced on the fact that it is set in a gorgeous place. The temple has a clear view of the ocean and everything is lush and green around it. Caleb loved running around the temple grounds and tried climbing in every fountain he saw.
After hanging out around the temple for awhile we checked out the rest of Laie. We drove a little around the campus. If I was to go to any BYU school, this would have been my one of choice. I've always wanted to go to BYU-H and even though it was probably best I didn't go, some part of me will always wonder.We also saw the Polynesian Cultural Center. We are planning to go back though for the luau. We hear it is the best show on the island.
Here is Caleb in the visitor's center. He's in front of a window looking out to the temple.
I love this one of Caleb's face. I've never seen him smile like that, it's hilarious. He was saying "cheese".
His shorts got a little wet in this one.
Playing on the lawn.
We then headed to a nearby beach and Caleb got his first taste of the water. Cory forgot to change him before he got in, but that didn't stop either of them from having fun. It was tough to keep Caleb out, or from washing away with the waves. I wasn't feeling that great, so I didn't get in. I had gotten sick Thursday and wasn't up for doing much. But I'm just glad we will be here longer than a week.

2 comments:
I remember Laie. Doesn't feel like Provo at all. And I'm with you on that temple. Probably the most beautiful temple I've ever seen! We left late for the luau so we didn't get to walk the grounds too much and my camera was dying so we didn't get to take too many pictures either. So jealous there. And I love that Caleb's always in the water. So cute.
I love the picture with the sand all over his face!
Post a Comment