Well, I guess I should update since it has been awhile. Caleb has 4 teeth now. They all came together and make him look like a little boy instead of a baby. I hate it. haha. He loves to bite me and one of his recent victims was poor little Cailin. Luckily he didn't break skin, but it did swell. Can you teach a baby his age not to bite? Or at least teach him it's not funny? Below are pictures I took of him about a month ago trying to get his teeth. It was tough work.
the top with a massive gap.
the bottom. Can you see them?

6 comments:
I love his gap! Haha I thought only the girls were cursed with those. And my only advice in teaching not to bite is to not laugh. No matter how funny you think it might be. Just look at him with a straight face and say "no. We don't bite." Even if he doesn't understand the words I think he might understand the intention.
Yeah, she had a bruise for a few days, but it's all good now. :) I'm with Katie--a stern no is good. Then, with kids this little, the best option is distraction. They don't really understand consequences for a while yet.
He thinks the stern no's are funny. I promise I didn't laugh. I am cursed.
How that little boy is so stinkin cute!
Yeah... Naomi's been laughing at me lately when I tell her sternly that it's nap time. What's up with these kids?
Grace cries when I give her stern "no"s. She doesn't usually bite me, she just likes to scratch and grab at my face when she nurses. It drives me crazy! So I say "no", and she cries the cutest little cry that I can't help but to laugh at. She's already got Mom and Dad figured out. haha
Post a Comment